It is easy to get to Oxford from Heathrow airport with the Oxford Airline bus - https://airline.oxfordbus.co.uk/heathrow/ and there is a stop called “St. Aldates” about 10 min walk from the conference hotel on Abingdon Road.
There is another bus from Gatwick airport. It is also possible to take the Heathrow express to London and then a train from Paddington Station to Oxford.
There is a direct main line service between Oxford, London and Birmingham. From Heathrow Airport there is a fast train link to London Paddington which connects directly with services to Oxford.
For information contact National Rail Enquiries (tel: +44 (0)8457 484950).
Participants are advised to travel to the conference using public transport as driving in central Oxford can be difficult and expensive.
- Follow the signs for M40 West/Oxford
- Remain on the M40 until Junction 8
- Keep left, (signposted Oxford A40) on the M40 slip road on to the A40.
- Use the Thornhill Park & Ride Service
- Leave the M40 at Junction 9, (signposted Oxford A34)
- Follow A34 southbound until the Botley interchange
- Use the Seacourt Park & Ride Service
Parking in Oxford can be difficult and expensive, however, we can recommend using the park-and-ride. Oxford offers an excellent Park and Ride system, with 5 sites providing excellent access into the city centre. Visit www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/public-site/park-and-ride for more information.
If you wish to take a taxi expext the approximare charge from Heathrow and Gatwick to be £75 and £135 respectively.