IBIC2019 is dedicated to providing a good conference experience, where everyone is treated with respect. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of conference participants (including staff) in any form. Conference participants violating this rule may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organisers.
- offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion;
- sexual images in public spaces;
- deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording;
- sustained disruption of talks or other events;
- inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately.
Exhibitors in the Industrial Exhibition are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, exhibitors should not use sexualised images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualised clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualised environment.
If a participant engages in harassing behaviour, the conference organisers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of conference staff immediately.
Conference staff will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.
We expect participants to follow these rules at all conference venues and conference-related social events.